In no particular order, as follows:
1) North Dakota smells bad–skunk, sulfur, marshy-poohgas-pigs.
2)Wisconsin has boring license plates.
3)All of Illinois’s highways are under construction, BUT the have BA travel plazas, so it kind of makes up for it.
4) Apparently, we are the only people who loved driving through South Dakota.
5) The town of Superior, Wisconsin is full of itself. “Superior: living up to our name.”
6) The Northwest Territories (of Canada) have license plates shaped like polar bears! POLAR BEARS!
7) If you have a friend working at Yellowstone (or perhaps even if you don’t), you can tell the people at the fron gate and they’ll let you in for free, but after you’re in, the staff are real stingy with their information about the whereabouts of said friend.
8) Informational/historical videos at tourist site are pretty much always long-winded, boring, kitschy, and somewhat biased/racist. Also they are usually introduced by extremely slow talkers. The park ranger who introduced the video at Mount Rushmore was like the love child of Captain Kirk and and NPR radio announcer.
9) Canadians must think that no one can read because all of their road sign consist of strangely detailed pictures of what you might or might not encounter on the road.
10) In Alberta, Canada, chips means gravel.
11) tom-tom doesn’t like Canada.
12) Canadian fast food is excellent, and Canadians really are super helpful and nice to strangers.
13) Alberta and Saskatchewan look pretty much exactly like Ohio.
14) We still have no idea why people call the Alaska Highway the Alcan. NOWHERE on that road is it called that.
15) Muncho Lake is GORGEOUS.
16) Bison are BIG. And kind of adorable.
17) If you want to know how Canadians drive, but don’t have a passport, jsut go to Michigan. They drive like that.
18) South Dakota has pink highways. No, really! And no one could tell me why.
19) Wall Drug is cool and can keep you entertained for 400 miles.
20) Both Canadian and US customs ask really random questions.
21) Even though Canton, Ohio is barely a city, most people in the country seem to know where it is.